This year’s college freshmen were born in …. gasp…. 1987!
1987, the year I graduated from college.
Oh boy, this isn’t going to be easy to read.
Beloit College has released it’s Mindset List for the class of 2009. They do it every year, come out with this list to help professors and administrators have a better understanding of this year’s crop of freshmen.
This year’s college freshmen:
1. Don’t remember when “cut and paste” involved scissors.
2. Pay-per-view television has always been an option.
3. Wayne Gretzky never played for Edmonton.
4. Jimmy Swaggart and Jim Bakker have never preached on tv.
5. Starbucks has always been right around the corner.
6. They never saw the Shuttle Challenger fly.
7. They never saw Pat Sajack or Arsenio Hall host a late night talk show.
8. Tom Landry never coached the Cowboys.
9. America’s Funniest Home Videos has always been on the air.
I thought of a few more:
The Cosby Show jumped the shark before they were old enough to watch it.
Liberace, Andy Warhol, Dean Martin, Lorne Greene, Bob Fosse and Fred Astaire have always been dead.
“The Facts of Life”, “Mr. Belvedere”, “American Bandstand”, “St. Elsewhere” and “Miami Vice”, “Hill Street Blues”, and “The A-Team” have never been on television.
David Letterman has always had a late night talk show.
And, my favorite: “Boston”, “America”, “Alabama” and “Kansas” are places, not bands.